OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Think Happy Thoughts

My last two blogs certainly can not be tagged "cheery" or "happy." Unfortunately, they were/are the reality of the writing moment. I am not even going to launch into a dog-blog, because then I'd have three downers in a row. Instead, I'm choosing to focus on happy thoughts.


Here's a few from my last few days.

Doing "school" with Julia, Elijah and a large inflatable duck -


The big "cheeses" that Julia and Elijah produce at the sight of a camera -


The excitement of the little kids at getting to go on Daddy's dump-run. It's kind of ridiculous to install three car-seats for them to make the three mile trip, but it's worth the excitement they show. (Yes, Tori had just had her hair taken out; I just hoped that they wouldn't run into anyone we know since I was too unmotivated to get her a hat. Elijah is also toting Julia's tooth-brush along for the ride.)



Lastly, my little man with his trucks. He has a security tractor now that he takes everywhere with him, fortunately, it's a bit smaller than this truck.

Have a happy weekend. I'm going to finish up some things at home tomorrow as I'm sure we are going to be putting some long hours in at our rental house starting on Sunday. I'm assuming that evicted people don't clean too well.

No comments:

Post a Comment