OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, March 8, 2010

True Love

If you've never read the book, The Five Love Languages, I'd highly recommend it. It has the ability to transform marriages by teaching you how your spouse views love. I've always been a very practical person; if I need a toaster and it's my birthday, by all means get me a toaster. So, nothing says love to me quite like fixing one of the things that drive my crazy. Nothing has driven me crazier this last year than the storage room. We built a nice big storage room, but there has been no organization and things have been piled in the boxes they moved in. To make it 20 times worse, the kids routinely dig through the boxes and leave piles all over the floor. When I was complaining about it last week, JD made it the weekend project. We unloaded the room -

Then JD had to finish drilling the holes for the Geo-thermal that needs to be run in that area.


While I took Alei to David's Bridal to be fitted for a bridesmaid dress, JD kept the kids and built the shelves that we bought back at Christmas on clearance.

Yesterday, we re-organized and re-loaded the shelves. After never having good storage, this is a beautiful picture to me!

When we use up the insulation piles on the other side of the room, I get more shelves! Oh, happy day!

1 comment:

  1. Ok giving me big Diamonds & lot of Babies tell me that you love me...You down for that?! or maybe you should just talk to Clay! :) It is nice to be organized huh.

    ReplyDelete