OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Oh, Julia

There is no rhyme or reason to Julia's mood (that I can see.) Yesterday was one of the worst days she has ever had! I estimate that she averaged about six hours of crying for things that were totally unreasonable. I even took her to the much requested park while Moriah was at soccer practice; that worked for about 30 minutes then she started crying to go to Chick-Fil-A. By afternoon, I pursued more information on professional attachment testing. By evening, I ordered another three recommended books from Amazon. By bed-time, I was too exhausted to even cry!


Today, Julia woke up happy and healthy. She has not barked orders at her siblings and she hasn't hung on me whining at all! One of the sweetest things about Julia is the fact she apologizes about all kinds of things on her own. She has told me that she's sorry about spilling nailing polish last week, sorry that she pulled all her clothes out of her closet and sorry she screamed so much yesterday!


After analyzing her so much yesterday, I have concluded that she CAN NOT be over-tired or have junk food. Those definitely set us up for a lose-lose environment.

1 comment: