OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Weekend Re-Cap

There are two things that I don't do too well without - my husband and my camera. I didn't have either this weekend since JD, Gabriel and my camera headed to the mountains for a men's retreat. While I've missed them all, and not had any new pictures to post, we've had a good weekend. I skipped school (you can do that on occasion when you homeschool) to meet friends at Chick Fil A on Friday. It has been my foster-parents-turned-adoptive-Moms gathering hole for years now. The kids had fun and we Moms sip diet coke and talk for hours. It's pretty entertaining really, when you note our inventory of children. There are kids of every color, from three continents, parading out of the play-ground and calling Mom; we turn heads, but are generally too involved in our own conversations to really take note.

On Saturday, I hauled the kids to a farm where they played and the Moms had a Pampered Chef party. I finally ordered the pizza stones, courtesy of my Mom, that I've been coveting for years. I also gutted the boy's room and took Alei for a job interview. Boy, oh boy, I wish I had pictures of the treasures waiting for me in the boy's room. If I had even one picture of the garbage pile, it would have given you an indication. It turns out that James is the ultimate junk collector (and hider); the bulk of his toys are now residing in the locked storage room! He knows I won't approve, so he hides his garbage in places one would never look. He has also taken many short-cuts in the cleaning department by stuffing. I now know where the 40 missing socks have been the last few months!

Today we went to church as a party of 9 and returned as a party of 12; nothing like a few extra kids to liven up a Sunday afternoon. After picking up pizza, I'm making cookies - that should hold them all off until this evening. JD and Gabriel are rushing home as Gabriel has a mandatory Y life-guard meeting this evening. It will be nice to have everyone back where they belong, including my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment