OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Rental Round Two

So, now that we have new renters in our "yellow" house, we thought we got some time to breathe easy in rental-ville, but not so.......Did I ever mention that we actually have three rentals? Well, rental number two had a flood; not a few inches of water flood, but a 4 foot deep basement flood that ruined everything! Thankfully, we have flood insurance, but it's still a sizeable deductible, doesn't cover everything and a big pain in the butt; never mind the items that our tenants have also lost! So, again, I'm not coming off as the land-lord poster child, but so be it.

Our tenants are actually coming for dinner tonight, so I have plenty to do! But I have made time for my favorite picture from the park a few days ago.


I love the contrast of how brown James' eyes are and how blue Elijah's are.

3 comments:

  1. I tried to leave a comment a minute ago..I'm not sure it went through.
    Just wanted to say that picture is so adorable...they are such handsome boys! And love the eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bummer about your rental -- but, that is a really great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Jenny,
    this comment goes with a blog from a couple days back... I am a little behind. A thought struck me in the middle of the night regarding Julia and her difficulties. Have you ever had her blood sugar levels checked? I know that when Ariana's are low, her emotions are HIGH and the tears are never ending... anyway it was just a thought. Your blog title today scared me, because it made me pause to think one of those rentals could me MINE! UGHHH>>>>
    Love, Shi

    ReplyDelete