OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Celebration

After delaying Tori's birthday party, due to her having pneumonia, we were able to celebrate on Saturday. We are able to rent this gym incredibly reasonably priced and it's a great place for kids when it's too cold to have a party outside. We had lots of friends and just let them run and play. When I reflect back to the shy and sick baby they handed me in Africa, it's so heart-warming to see Tori so out-going and healthy.


We did have a break for cake -


And a pinata -

And some exciting gifts -


But other than that, they ran and played and had a great time. Julia and Elijah loved the trampoline! We'd have one if I could talk my husband into it, but I gave up on that at least a decade ago.

My last few days of blog silence has been due to my computer deciding that it was broken; it turned out to just be the monitor. Other than that, I've been having a great time coupon shopping the new CVS where Alei works, JD is making big progress on the playroom ceiling and today is Tori hair day. Ben took her hair down for me yesterday and I have to get it re-braided before she goes to gymnastics this evening.

Happy Valentines Day - I'm meeting JD for lunch since this evening is consumed with being the Mommy chauffeur.

No comments:

Post a Comment