OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Being the Hands and Feet

We are getting the opportunity to be the hands and feet of Jesus this weekend; we have an abused mom and her four children coming to our house to stay. We have been involved in the situation for a few weeks, but it all changed yesterday when the mother made the very courageous decision to take her children and flee with only the clothes on her back. This situation appears to be at a level beyond our imagination as the family has lived without even electricity for over three years.



Please pray for us!

3 comments:

  1. Jenny,
    Feel free to email me privately in reply to this (Lizreeves2@aol.com).

    I'd love to collect some items & ship them to help this family out, but don't know how many local people are already doing that. I'm lucky enough to have a bazillion friends on Facebook & it's been beneficial in situations like this where I could put out a call for donations & help for someone and by the following day, I've got tons of stuff from all my friends! :)

    If I can do that, let me know sizes/ages/genders, etc & I'll get on it immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for that family and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pray for all of you. Is the mom getting any help from a women's center? I ask because they may have some very important safety planning advice. The time when a woman is most in danger of being killed by an abusive partner is when she's trying to leave. I'm not trying to be alarmist, and it really does sound like you guys are probably working with other folks, but if you're not, I just wanted to throw that out there.

    Also, try not to be discouraged if she does end up going back. Most women try to leave multiple times before they're successful. But all those tries are important.

    Of course, I hope she's able to leave the situation for good this time. By providing her and her kids a safe place to stay, you've done a very important job in breaking down some of the barriers that leave a lot of women trapped.

    ReplyDelete