OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Quick Update

I wanted to post a quick update about the mom that is here with her children this weekend. Every thing is going far better than I hoped. For the most part, the kids are all getting along and enjoying each other's company. While we initially offered the family to stay for a few weeks, the Lord graciously opened up a home for her to move into that is a single lady who is equipped for children because her grandchild recently moved out. I am relieved since JD leaves on travel tomorrow and it would be a bit much for me to handle all week while I'm still having back issues. While things are going very smoothly this weekend, it is mainly due to the fact that JD is very hands on with the older kids; I don't assume that I would get the same respect since it's obvious that their mother does not.

You would think that my four years of foster parenting would prepare me for helping families that function is great dysfunction, but I'm totally out of my comfort zone with situations like this. I'm not sure what our role will be after tomorrow, but I'm sure that we will still have a role. It's been a remarkable witness to see the Christians at my husband's company come together are provide this family everything they need to start a new life. We are praying that she sees Jesus in it and will come to know Him through this difficult time in her life.

1 comment:

  1. Truly the hands and feet of Jesus. Praying for your back, I can empathize with that as our little fostered guy with MD did me in before he left. What a gift to help a family get a new start. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete