OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fun To Come

Tomorrow I'm making the voyage to Richmond to meet Wendy and get Alyssa back. Then we are heading over to the airport to pick up my parents for a week visit. The last two days have been focused on catching up on some cleaning and laundry. I'm not really enjoying it that much, so I took an extended break today while the kids were at art class and Alei and I headed for Chinese food with the three little guys.

I'm looking forward to the out-side work that I need to do; it seems like so much more fun than the inside work. JD tilled a berry patch over a week ago -
                  


Wendy brought me four blackberry bushes and I bought four raspberry bushes marked down at Wal-Mart.


Another excitement in the works is baby chicks; Wendy got me a few specialty chicks at the feed store that will be coming home tomorrow with Alyssa. We even bought them a new chick house that JD is currently putting together. There was no way that the delapidated rabbit house were've been using was going to make it another year; it's begging to be put in the burn pile. (I realize the chick house is up-side-down in this picture, but with a neck like mine, you don't flip boxes for pictures :)

Back to work - the carpets don't vacuum themselves.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to start the spring and summer and plant those trees and berries you look forward to all winter:) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete