OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Simple

I'm so thankful when God allows things to be simple in life; it seems so often that things can be so complicated. Since Alyssa lost Charlie, her beloved little dog, we have told her that we would get her another dog when she was ready. Alyssa and I  decided to wait for my friend's little Yorkie to have puppies, but it just started weighing on me that she shouldn't wait that long. I told her that we could look, which isn't always easy when you want a small dog that is child friendly, likes other dogs, gets along with cats, doesn't kill chickens AND preferably already house broken. I was remaining flexible on the house breaking thing and the price, but was hoping for neither to be too stressful. We contacted several dog rescues and the reality is that most will not adopt to families that have young children, a few that do still require a lot of paperwork, vet records for all other animals and a few home visits. While I could do all that, it sounded like a major head-ache. We emailed about many, many dogs on Craigslist and scanning back, we found one that had been listed a few weeks ago. I told Alyssa that I'm sure it would be taken, but email anyway. The lady called and told us that she still had the FREE, HOUSEBROKEN Pomeranian and although she had a lot of people inquire, none sat right with her and she just feels that Alyssa was the right one! So, as long as nothing happens, we will be making the trip  on Saturday to pick up Alyssa's new little buddy. She's a Pomeranian and already named Kylie, which is a name we all love. 


I'm really excited for Alyssa and anxious to meet Kylie. 

1 comment:

  1. Awww! I'm anxious to see Kylie. Make sure & post pictures!

    ReplyDelete