OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Weekend

 My blog is slightly neglected, as is my checkbook, laundry and cleaning. I have spent the majority of the last two days matching and submitting an  enormous pile of medical bills and their statements. We  have a supplemental insurance that often requires us to pay and then submit it to be reimbursed and we are severely behind on submitting them. After this round, I'm vowing to keep up with it better!


JD and I did go away for the weekend; I considered not going because I didn't want to leave Alyssa so shortly after losing Charlie, but she was fine with my sister. The kids all did well at home with Deb and JD and I really enjoyed the peaceful quiet. 



It started snowing right after we arrived at the cabin and by morning there was five to six inches on the ground. It was enough to keep us from hiking up the mountain, so we spent one afternoon in the historic part of Staunton, VA, which was full of history and very enjoyable. 



I am going to get back to work, but will leave you with a picture of my crew dressed for the harvest party we went to. Tori was supposed to be a cute clown, but the wig kind of made her a frightening clown. I think we'll purchase a new wig before anyone else plans on being a clown. I generally don't spend money on costumes, so it forces the kids to get creative. Tori's clown costume was made by my sister when she was six for a clown parade at her school and the Indian costume Moriah wore I made over 20 years ago for spirit week my freshman year of college!

No comments:

Post a Comment