OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

If It Were Only Just Today

My plan for today was to take down and put away the Christmas items. It occurred to me early this morning, however, that it was JD's first day back to work and we really needed produce and milk. My brilliant plan was to run out quickly before my sister left for the day. I quickly made a list, then Tori and I headed out the door without a big announcement that would have led to several rounds of "I want to go too!" We made it to and through the grocery store uneventfully. When I checked my phone outside the store, I had two "I need you to stop at Walmart" texts. They were both legitimate and urgent, so Tori and I headed to Walmart. Lastly, we had to stop on the way home at the feed store for chicken food and to quiz the shop owners about what to do about my mysterious chicken deaths. I arrived back home at 11:30 -  ready to put the groceries away, mix up medicine for the chickens, feed the kids lunch and finally start Christmas decluttering. While we were still unloading groceries from the van, James came carrying another sick chicken. While I was directing children to unload and attempting to look at the chicken, my sister came in to tell me that the battery on her car was dead. At that point, I headed out with her to jump her car, but only after we Googled how to jump a vehicle because neither of us were confident enough not to shock ourselves. After getting her car started, and rushing to get back to the groceries all over the kitchen counters, a dying chicken in a Rubbermaid and several children asking for lunch, I backed the van into a tree. Yes, I did! JD bought me a back-up camera for the "new" van that we bought two years ago, but it's still in a box in the office closet - therefore I'm only accepting 50% of the responsibility for it! At that point my sister was leaving again and I realized I was supposed to go with her and have her drop me off to retrieve another vehicle that was at the shop, so I swapped keys, asked Alyssa to make PB and Js and headed out again. Once I returned  and hoped to eat for the first time that day - it was 2:30. Needless to say, it's now 5:00 and I still haven't started the Christmas dismantle -  although sweet Tori did remove the ornaments and placed them in their appropriate boxes. 

If only this was an occasional morning, but it's often not. I love schedules but sometimes I don't even have a moment to look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment