OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I Don't Know...

 I'm not really sure how you Northern people do this weather....by Northern, I mean up in Michigan and Canada. This is terribly cold! Julia and I headed out to the barn right before dark to lock up the animals. I told her that this feels like Canada and she was horrified at the thought of anyone living with this as normal winter weather. I agree - I don't remember 5 degrees in Virginia EVER. I also don't remember everything shutting down due to cold when there is no ice or snow. 

Tonight Julia came out of the shower wearing the below short-sleeved purple night-gown. I told her that it was going to be too cold during the night and to put pants on under it. She came out with this warm and fashionable ensemble - even the socks have their own pattern. (Works for me!)


 I am so, so thankful that JD finished the wood stove project last winter! I had the boys load up the wood rack again before bed. I figured out that there's far less cold coming in if they just roll the wagon in instead of carrying loads from the door. The wood is messy, but it's a cozy messy.



JD wrapped up the front half of the ceiling in the game room. It required foil and insulation before the ceiling tiles. The back half will be faster since it's only tiles that aren't complete. The most difficult part of this process currently is shuffling the stuff.


I have two walls to paint, but we have to move large carpet rolls on pallets to get to the one. We are going to keep enough to carpet the last bedroom in the basement and the playroom and the rest of it is going to be sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment