OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Plugging On

 While I don't love winter, I am appreciating all we are getting done inside. Every year, the minute it turns warm, our focus is shifted outside and the inside projects sit until the severe heat of the summer or the next winter. I really think 2014 is our year to "finish" the house - there will always be projects, but at least the major building is looking hopeful. JD finished the front half of the game room and spent yesterday clearing and prepping the back for the ceiling. 

  
Here's a little project I finished up - streamlining the kid's DVDs and videos. This messy shelf (that is now Alyssa's Amazon bookstore shelf) was packed with the kid's DVDs and videos, in addition to the cabinet under the TV. 
 

I got rid of all the VHS tapes except the ones below. They are the Disney ones that we can't part with for now, as well as the Nest Entertainment history ones that are super expensive on DVD. I did replace the Nest Entertainment Bible ones last year when I found the whole set at a used home school sale for a good price.This is still about half of what was crammed in here.

  
As for the DVDs, we trashed the boxes and put them in envelopes with a portion of the cover and filed them by title. Two little boxes - I love efficiency. My next project is JD's collection; I'm thinking two whole cabinets are also going to fit in two boxes.


 I have had to break from all things fun and organizational for hair weekend. I did Julia's on Friday night and Saturday morning, Selah's Saturday afternoon and I am moving on to Tori's this Sunday afternoon.


I pay Ben to take out Tori's and I pay Tori or Julia to take out Selah and Bella's; but so far, no one can get through an entire Julia take out. 
 

Here's my bargain of the semester - Alei's math book. It is a published by Liberty book, therefore no used or rental copies available, and was $195. When it came yesterday, we found out it's paperback! I would think Liberty could use a text for Math 115 that didn't require them to print a special one. Thankfully, this is Alei's final class before she hits the 300 and 400 classes for her specific major.
 

 At the beginning of the week, I declared a family healthy diet. So we have been drinking a lot of spinach and berry smoothies. I make the first in the Vitamix and stage the next rounds in a bowl so I can mix, dump and repeat until everyone has one. My three little people don't like berries - crazy kids; I'm going to attempt some yogurt, banana and coconut oil combinations so see what they will enjoy.  


1 comment:

  1. I have totally forgotten about the dvd covers like you mentioned...I was at a friend's house who had those kind and they took up so much less room! I need to get some! I love how you organized them...I need to do that too...great idea!

    ReplyDelete