OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

BIG BIG Saturday


 Sometimes all of the big events hit at once and that is what happened at our house today. JD had to make an early morning building plans trip to the Amish and then be back to host a church men's event - "Beans and Bullets" at our house. I had to drive to town early to help Alyssa and her friend Jordan set up for a community yard sale towards their fast-approaching mission trips. I then had to leave before that was over to come home and get the boys to a 2:00 soccer game. Alei was sceduled to go sky-diving today because it was her only weekend off for a number of weeks. In the end, Aunt Deb cancelled her plans to spend the night here because JD, Alei, Alyssa and I all had to leave for three different locations before 6:30 a.m. 

Funny I didn't get pictures of the yard sale, but thankfully it was a success. Alyssa made about $170 towards her remaining $1500 needed. 

When I made it home, I was thrilled to see how many men turned out for the men's event. Our driveway was lined on both sides with cars most of the long way down - I think every one of the 60 RSVPs showed up.

  
The guys shot several kinds of weapons for hours and broke for super yummy pulled pork. I arrived home in time for the food.

 
Lest you be concerned about safety, it was very well covered! JD even had the local sheriffs in on it!


 Aunt Deb took the little guys to the playground at the Y during the morning shooting time. By afternoon shooting, I just let them play the Wii downstairs; except for Julia who totally hung out in the food zone sunbathing.


 My adventuresome daughter, Alei, was off a few counties away on her first sky-diving venture with her friend, Allie. (In case any readers have been wondering how to pronounce Alei's name - it is pronounced the same as her friend, Allie.) So, they are Alei and Allie. The deal with the sky diving is that Alei payed two deposits for her and Gabriel as his wedding present last July. Then it rained the weekend they were supposed to go...and he got married and headed to Florida and then moved to California. So, Alei has waited for almost a year to find a buddy that would go with her. 

The girls had to jump tandem, of course, so Alei was paired with this experienced jumper.

  
After all the talking and training, they were off - 





 


(These pictures were taken from the picture DVD that she left on the table without her permission.)

 I don't have a bucket list, I don't know why but I found the whole idea rather  annoying, BUT if I did have a bucket list - sky diving would NOT be on there. I guess I'm thankful my kids didn't inherit my fear of heights. (Or as Alei tells me, I don't really have a fear of heights, just of falling.) Either way, NO THANK YOU!
I had a good time at the yard sale!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you....and I was so adventurous as a young person. No bucket list, No skydiving.

    ReplyDelete