OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Book and Brain Overload

My brain is working overtime, just from reading this book -




I highly recommend it, although it's so, so foreign to our American way of life that I almost can't picture it. Even after being in Liberia and having people on the streets beg me to take their children, it's still difficult to grasp the desperation of parents who are unable to care for their children. In this case, the parents are dying of AIDS and have NO ONE that will take their children in, even the orphanages are too full.

There are so many thoughts going through my head that I'm sure I'll have to comment on it again, but for now, I'll just recommend it. In spite of the serious topic, it's an easy and enjoyable read! I'm sure you can get it at the library; I got it on Amazon for less than $10.

1 comment: