OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Last Minute Weekend Away

My sister, Debra, offered to keep the kids for a weekend this fall for JD and I to have a break. We have been wanting to go up in the mountains in the fall for several years, so this was our chance. At the last minute, it worked out for us to go and stay at a cabin that is offered by a retreat center that our church uses. JD and my teenagers have stayed in the lodge several times, but I had never been. We stayed way up in the mountains in a cabin that they own and offer to people for free. Free was easy to work into our new Dave Ramsey budget! Here's a view along the way.


Here's the little cabin tucked up in the mountains. They even loaned us a Suburban to get up and down the mountain. The narrow road next to the cliffs made me slightly nervous!

Here's the bathroom facilities. Although it did have running water and electricity via generator, it did not have flushing toilets. Hey, this toilet was way nicer than several I used in Africa!

Here's a shot of the living room of the cabin. I am currently reading, There Is No Me Without You about the Ethiopian AIDS orphans, and I can barely put it down!

Of course, we took our traveling buddy, Elijah. Here he is in his mountain-man flannel shirt, just like his Dad.

Here Elijah and I are by the pretty stream running through the property.

I showed Elijah how to throw rocks in the stream. He was pretty impressed with the splash they made.

Tomorrow I'll show some hiking the mountain photos. JD ended up carrying Elijah as he decided that he no longer likes the Ergo!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like such a fun place to stay. We were up in the mountains last week. It was just so nice!

    ReplyDelete