OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Julia's Sightings

My three big girls went to a friend's house last night and I kept another friend's two younger children for the night. This morning I was tearing around to get seven little people fed and dressed for church. Julia was sent to the time-out bench for some infraction when I heard, "Mom, there is a deer in the backyard. He is a nice deer and I want to go out and play with him." Sure enough, there were two deer grazing in the backyard. In the almost five years we have lived on our land, we have never seen deer from our windows. We see them up and down the street, but not by our house, thanks to my outdoor watch-dogs. Here were Julia's "friends."
It was cool to watch them as we ate breakfast. I don't know what the dogs were doing, but they never noticed the deer.
`


Tonight Julia emerged from my bedroom, rather alarmed, to tell me that she saw a mouse. What she didn't know was that I have a mouse that has been mocking me from my closet for a week now. I lay in bed in the mornings and hear him chewing, chewing. He has eaten through one of Moriah's birthday presents and two of JD's sweat-shirts, but he has been smart enough to not get in the live mouse-trap. Julia showed us that she saw him go under the bookcase. Well, now the show is concluding - there is a mouse trap with peanut butter under the bookcase! Good job, Julia, animal hunter of large and small, inside and outside.

I'll spare you a picture of the mouse in the trap tomorrow, (if he falls for it.)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds just like my house.
    I have a mouse that taunts me often:)

    ReplyDelete