OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

This One's For You, Maria

I have a friend, you may have guessed named Maria, who has a husband who apparently thinks that their house is the only one that the kids trash faster than the Mom can clean during the school day. In my case, I have 10 children here during the day, I'm teaching a minimum of five children a host of subjects while I deal with three additional children under three. So it shouldn't be too surprising that I don't spend much time on pick up until school is finished. I told her that it was so bad here yesterday that I moved outside to finish school so that I could think about Dwight Moody rather than picking up (or screaming!) So, here's the kitchen island that was clear that morning.

And here's the school floor.

As often the problem, I don't feel the pictures actually portray the actual mess; trust me it was bad!

Things were much better outside, nice weather and a new focus. Our biggest problem is that Elijah loves to climb the steps and we have to keep breaking to carry him back down.

Doesn't Moriah look thrilled with our lesson? Actually, her look is due to Slurpee's backside continually in close range of her face.

I have hope that in a few more weeks my boys will remember what continent, country and state we live in. It's no reflection of My Father's World, it has far more to do with their lack of focus! And the really good news is that it's Friday!

1 comment: