OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Kiwi

While JD and I were at Lowe's, we found kiwi plants next to the blueberry bushes I was buying. After reading the tag about female and male plants and growing zones, I decided to buy just two plants. I figured that the kids love kiwi and they aren't cheap to buy, but the plants were kind of costly, so I'd start out with just two and see how they did.

So, the kids and I headed out to plant them before the rain the other day. That's when I read the pot. The pot said, "plant at least 12 feet apart and grows 20-25 feet high!" Wow, I'm glad I only bought two! Now JD has to build some trellis thing for them to climb and they are seriously hogging my first raised bed.
Now I know why no one I know has kiwi planted in their garden. I wouldn't either if I had read the pot at Lowe's.

Alei told me that there's a Facebook group that is something along the lines of "I don't care how comfortable Crocs are, they are too ugly to wear." BUT Julia and I like our Crocs for tromping out to the garden.


I'm kind of a comfort before fashion Mom these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment