OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Strawberry Picking

I finished planting my raised bed garden last night. I was really running out of room for the plants I bought and will enjoy having two more beds built next year. I finished up by planting squash and zucchini in the back flower bed that I used for tomatoes last year. This gardening thing is really fun; I just hope they grow like I hope!


I am also pretty excited about our future cow pasture. Our spring grass is coming in; it's not thick yet, but it's green!


Yesterday, my husband and son made the airport run to pick up my Mom while I met some church friends at the local berry farm. One friend has twins, so Moriah pretty much had a baby in her arms the whole time.


Elijah was impressed with the goats, it's sad that he doesn't remember our goats. I am looking forward to being able to have them again.

Elijah is my first kid who doesn't love berries. In fact, he won't eat cantaloupe or watermelon either. I don't know what I'm going to do with him! Here I handed him a perfect strawberry.

I then convinced him to try it. He took a big bite out of the side.


He spit it out, dug at his tongue and kept yelling "luck, luck," which is Elijah for "yuck, yuck."

This is stranger than my THREE children who like chocolate-chip cookies with NO chocolate chips!

1 comment: