OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Big Cow

Since we took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese for Julia and Elijah's birthday way back in July, Elijah has talked daily about "big rat." Although he was scared to death of him, he loves to look at pictures and talks fondly about his visit to "big rat." I've wanted to take him back in there, but who knows when Chuck E. is actually going to be making the rounds and the begging for tokens during the wait (by the other kids) hasn't seemed worth it.

I found an alternative and had Elijah all excited - we went to see "big cow." Family night at Chick-Fil-A is buy one adult meal and get one free kid meal. Since Alei was at Bible study, we did buy four adult meals, get four kid meals free. They also had crafts and "big cow." It was just like our previous experience; the girls ran excitedly to big cow and Elijah gripped around my neck saying, "I'm scared of big cow, I'm scared." After the first cow round, he felt brave enough to wave at the cow.


Even after the cow left and we convinced him that it was safe to go to the playground, he hung on Ben's neck, looking wildly around in case the cow was trying to sneak up on him.

You would feel bad for him, but the next morning the first thing he asked me was if we could go see "big cow!"

As a separate funny, when I put Elijah in the bath last night against his will, he started crying, "too hot, too hot." I told him that it wasn't hot. He then started crying, "too cold, too cold." I told him that it wasn't cold. His final try was "too wet, too wet." I didn't have a response for that.

2 comments:

  1. One of my 5yo's is still afraid of all mascots.
    Our whole family laughed at Elijah's "wet, too wet" comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! He's keeping you on your toes!

    ReplyDelete