OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tomorrow's the Big Day

As any mother of a large clan can tell you, it's a big deal to leave for the weekend. It's quite the ordeal to pack everyone up to leave for the weekend, but it's even harder to leave them home for the weekend! Thankfully, Alei only has to hold down the fort tomorrow until my sister gets off work and comes to run the crazy house for us. My sister then gets to ferry the boys to soccer on Saturday and everyone to church on Sunday, in between feeding and cleaning and all the other exciting things I do each and every day.

I went to the grocery store today for convenience foods, finished the week's school and caught up on laundry. She's more than capable, but I want her to be smiling when we come home so I'm making it as easy as possible.

My first concern is the fact that this is the first time JD and I have both left Elijah for the weekend; I'm sure he's going to do fine as he adores my sister and she'll let him sleep with her if he wakes up in the middle of the night.

My other concern is this little angel. She was doing so well until I left for the weekend about a month ago. Although she was fine while I was gone, she has made me pay ever since! For a kiddo that tested for no attachment problems, she sure has a hard time being left; but again, she adores my sister. (And we made a good-girl chart that allows her to earn a Sheetz sub if she doesn't scream or cry for no reason!)


If you are wondering where I'm going in spite of the trauma of leaving my little guys; we are heading to the Mid-Atlantic Orphan Summit in Hershey, PA. I am so, so excited about it; you are going to be blessed to hear all about it I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. Cute bath pics.

    If you didn't worry about your kiddos you wouldn't be a mom. Don't forget, though, that we have an AWESOME God who has worked miracles before. :o)

    ReplyDelete