OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Orphan Sunday and Liberian Get-Together

Yesterday was a big, full, fun day at our house. JD and I both spoke at two church services in honor of Orphan Sunday. We do have it on CD and I may be able to post it if anyone is interested in hearing it. I honestly have never been able to stand listening to my voice, so I'm not sure I want to hear it.

In the afternoon, we had a few families over that also have children from Liberia. It was nice for the kids (and us) to fellowship with other families that look just like us. I often don't take the time to get pictures when events are at my house, but I did take a few (with really bad lighting) as we were awaiting the hay ride.

My boys with new friends -

Aunt Deb with Elijah and Tori -



I think next year we will expand our November get together to all friends that have adopted; which has the potential of being a really large event!

No comments:

Post a Comment