OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Crafting Bug

Way back when I had a "little family" of four children, I used to sew and scrapbook! Once we became foster parents and then started our two rounds of Liberian adoptions, my sewing machine and crafting supplies were packed up. Not only did I not have time, I didn't have any room either. A few months ago, I started contemplating making a tractor quilt for Elijah. Elijah's toddler bed is still in a box, but I think he's about ready to move into it.

This morning, I took advantage of the good weekend sales to hunt down some quilt fabric. This "tractor" fabric was the only one in Joanne's that wasn't John Deere tractors. Thankfully, the tractors are blue like Elijah's favorite "big, blue tractor!" If I have my way, I'm going to start cutting out the squares today. Elijah was so impressed that he wanted to carry the entire bolt of tractor fabric around the store.

I'll keep you posted on my little project.

4 comments:

  1. Are you planning a simple square block quilt or something a little more complicated? It looks like such fun. I hope you are able to enjoy yourself as you work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i absolutely love the tractor fabric. you did a good job selecting the other colors as well. have fun. maybe you will make more progress on Elijah's then i have made on James' lately. But i will prevail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be soooo cute!! I love the prints.
    I know what you mean about sewing. I have a armoire full of fabric waiting to become dresses. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete