OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Birthday Times Two

Guess who's birthday it is?


 It's hard for me to believe, but my baby girl turned five and my baby boy three. I really hope that down the road, I'll have another little person that is yet to be three. I think two and three are the most fun ages ever! We considered going "into town" for a fun dinner, but instead decided to have birthday dinner at home and play with them.


The birthday menu consisted of chicken nuggets and curly fries, various melon and steak. (The steak was on sale today and I threw it in the menu to keep the men happy.) Since I very seldom buy chicken nuggets, it was an exciting dinner!

Opening presents was a bit like Christmas since they took turns; the mess reminded me of Christmas also. Elijah ripped off tiny pieces of paper and threw them on the floor one by one. Alyssa worked much of the evening putting together Elijah's work-bench and Julia's lego house. 



I didn't take a single picture of cake time because I was videoing. I am normally horrible about taking video of my kids, so I'll be happy down the road.

We probably are still going to have a little party with friends because Julia really wants to, but tonight was a nice evening of family time. 

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I like sweet family birthdays. They seem to be taking turns very nicely, but maybe that's just the times you snapped a picture! :o)

    ReplyDelete