OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Garden Discouraged

This has been a discouraging year gardening. First of all, the deer keep eating a substantial amount of my produce; after they initially ate several of the plants down to stubs. Other than that, my husband kindly installed soaker hoses for me so I wouldn't have to hand water, but I think I drowned my melons; well, at least allowed them to get a fungus from too much water. So, last count I had 20 some watermelons and 40 some cantaloupes growing, but the ones that do make it in the house are rather bland - not the good melons we grew last year!

Here's the ones I brought in today; the chickens get the deer sampled ones.

I'm was thinking garden fence next year; but first I am going to try yellow caution tape (that is widely used in PA) and my cousin's dangling  Ivory soap bar trick and see if either will work the rest of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment