OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

A New Twist on the Same Old Story

There are many, many times that I hear, "no girls allowed" or "no boys allowed" when the kids are running their way into their bed-room. Generally it's legitimate because they are going to change, but sometimes it is just because they don't want to include someone of the opposite gender. So yesterday I heard a new version as the kids were racing up the stairs. First came Julia and Tori, followed close by James and Ben; obviously James did something that annoyed Julia because she announced, "only brown people can come in my room." We did stop and discuss that color was not an appropriate excluding factor, but only after Elijah emerged at the end of the chaos train and yelled, "I'm brown, Julia, can I come in?" I have to tell you, I started laughing pretty hard at Julia and Elijah; so did Ben, but James was just mad because he wasn't making the cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment