OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Family Day

The older my "big kids" get, the less occasions there are that are actually all of us. Our trip to King's Dominion yesterday was the whole family, including Aunt Deb, so it was really a special day.  This is my favorite picture of the day - all four of my boys on the log ride. I was pretty nervous about Elijah going with Gabriel because the last drop is a big one, but he did fine. His only complaint was that the "ride made his eyes wet." Gabriel zipped his jacket over him, so the rest of him stayed dry. 


I still find it hard to believe that I ended up with four sons after Gabriel being the only boy for years. I'd really like one more boy! Elijah routinely tells me that he wants a brown and white baby and they both can sleep in his toddler bed with him. 


Here's Alei and Alyssa on the swings; they both wore flip-flops in spite of our recent chilly weather and appear bare feet in many pictures since they make you sit on your shoes if they fall off. 


Tori, Julia and Elijah had a blast in kiddie land, although they also rode anything that the park would let them on of the bigger rides. Julia laughed a hysterical giggle on the little roller coasters and Tori cried on a few big coasters but then would ride another one immediately following. 


I think I have an abnormal percentage of dare-devils compared to families that we've been to amusement parks with. Personally, I only rode one roller coaster and I was regretting it most of the night when my neck kept me awake. I really don't think the ride hurt it because I purposefully chose a smooth one, but I think I stressed it trying to not jerk it at all. I probably won't be doing that again until someone declares my neck less risk for injury!

No comments:

Post a Comment