OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Plenty of Work To Go Around

Elijah packed up his entire workbench and headed down to help JD in the basement. The basement has once again turned into a building center. Once Elijah found out that is little orange drill wouldn't actually go through real wood, he got two turns with the real drill. 


Note Elijah's building attire - a "super-hero" cape and his wedding shoes. He wore them both all day.


I have once again resorted to hiring my friend's daughter to come help with the girl's hair. This time it is because I slept on my neck badly enough that moving it is quite painful at the moment. It has been enough strain to get out their current style. While I got the picture of Alyssa helping, in reality I am so much faster at it, and bedtime was quickly approaching, that I got the majority of hair duty. It's a blessing that I'm able to call her in for back-up!


We lost power lost night (and water) and got to hang out in the basement since there were tornado warnings. We had a nice time as I started reading the kids The Best School Year Ever, a sequel to The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. They are both quite entertaining! 

No comments:

Post a Comment