OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Few Other Things

There's so much that goes on around here that never makes the blog, like last Saturday when JD and I hauled the three youngest kids, three dogs (one large one that suffered such trauma in his early days that he can't handle a collar or leash), and three cats to stand in line for two hours at the rabies shot clinic. I bet the little guys won't be begging to go next year - it was long and hot. 



The humorous part was when we were leaving and trying to carry the four carriers, lead Magnum and drag Lincoln over the hill back to the car, we saw a lady that JD works with and she yelled, "My word, JD, you have as many pets as you do kids." I am not even going to enter the debate of whose crazier when  she was wearing a dog in a pet Ergo around her neck.


I also discovered one of my new favorite things - the pressure washer. I had no idea how wonderful that thing was that JD pulled out occasionally. Now that I know how much I love it, the porch will never turn that moldy green again! You know what's cool about 11 year old boys? They still like to help whenever there is power behind the tool, so they each did a set of steps and I did everything in between. 




We also had a plant sale as an adoption fund-raiser. We were sold plants at whole-sale by a nursery and were able to sell them for the regular cost. We bought 150 and sold almost 100 of them last Sunday; we are going to attempt to sell the rest this Sunday on Mother's Day. 



Lastly, I painted the front door red. All the kids then joked about living in a barn - that sure would explain the mess they leave around the door.


I liked the look for about one day, now the dogs are leaving streaks of white where they scratch to come in. I foresee some gorgeous Plexiglass on the lower one-third of the door in the future.


One of my next projects is to try another idea with the million pairs of outside shoes. I can't take the mess anymore. I am thinking a cabinet with doors and labeled shoe shelves inside (and I make whoever is too lazy to open the door to put their shoes in write hundreds of sentences until they learn...).




Oh yeah, on the school front, Julia came home all excited because they are going on a field trip to see George Washington. (It's really one of his homes).

1 comment:

  1. The whole shoe thing on the back porch drives me crazy too!!
    The planter on the sidewalk looks great.
    You get things done!! I have been planning to paing my front door for about a year now. Actually I am waiting, and getting a new door. Our long overdue exterior facelift is well underway......but won't be finished until Uncle Sam sends our refund.

    ReplyDelete