OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Waiting Children

This short video gives an example of the perimeters of children waiting adoption in orphanages all over the world. The label "special needs" often sounds far more alarming than the reality of many special needs.  These are the children that wait for parents while parents are often waiting themselves for a healthy infant. (Remember to pause the music at the bottom first).


1 comment:

  1. Jenny, I have been following your blog for about 2 years now since I love the idea of home schooling, have always loved having gardens, annnnd I've had the heart to adopt since I was about 6 years old. About a month ago my husband gave me the green light for us to start the process!!!! Well I haven't decided everything but I am interested in which adoption agency you went through and why as well as why you choose which contry you choose from. I can't imagine how busy you are at this moment but could you refer me anywhere or to an old post of yours answering all these questions? Thank you and God bless you on your upcoming trip and give those girls hugs and kisses from all of those you don't know personally but are praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete