OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Yesterday and Today

Let me start by saying that my Y work-out buddy and I decided to alter our normal schedule to complete P90X with Alei for the next three months; so instead of going to the Y, she comes here and we start in the basement by 6:00 a.m.  Today was only day two, but Alei was up to 3:00 a.m. doing school work and I told her to sleep and Denise and I would go it alone. Alei left me a note, but I logically used the second disk in the program. When Alei showed up, as we were finishing, she discovered that we were doing a work out from week #4. If you know anything about P90X, you just hope to live to week #4! Lets just say that every muscle I have from the neck down hurts and I'm not even sure if I can walk down the stairs much less do another work out tomorrow. 

 I have spent the better part of the last two days dealing with paper. After paying the bills and filing the pile, I started in on our medical bill pile. My neglected pile was huge since insurance companies insist on three to five pieces of paper per doctor visit and we seem to have way more than average visits. This time I had three different bills that the insurance company did not pay because of errors from the doctor offices, (like filing with JD's name and my social.) It amazes me that they do their job poorly, then send the penalty to me to pay like I'm not going to question an extra $700 bill. 


This is my current medical bill file, just since October. I think I'm going to have to add a second file once the two new little girls come home; newly adopted children from Africa have lots of initial doctor visits!



On a more fun note, I laminated pictures for Isabella and Selah and put them in the mail to a lady that is traveling to adopt a little boy from Selah's orphanage this week. She is going to try and find our girls,  give them the pictures (telling them that we are coming for them) and take a few pictures of them for us! So exciting! I still don't have a court date, hopefully, it will be any minute!


While I was at it, I laminated the pictures of Alei and Beneta (in Uganda) to send to her. The poor sweet little girl still is not adoptable because the workers of the orphanage are not doing what needs to be done to clear the children. Alei has a friend who is traveling to Uganda in June and is going to take our care package to Beneta as well as buy rice and beans for the kids who live in her orphanage. I put Beneta's pictures on a key ring. 


 We are hoping to get pictures back of her with her new clothes with her bear that says, "I love you." We want her to know that she has people who love her; it's such a sad life in an orphanage in the slums of Uganda!



Lastly, I was looking for a "coffee cup sippee" for Elijah when I discovered that he already had five stashed in the bottom of the fridge. When I commented that he had five in there, he glowed and said, "I know...that's my collection. Isn't it cool?" I also have a stick gun collection on my dresser and a rock collection on the kitchen counter courtesy of Elijah. That's my boy!






No comments:

Post a Comment