OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Food for Man and Beast

Twice a year the Commissary has a case-lot sale, which is generally very good deals. The problem is that while the items are in bulk and cheaper, I still end up with a lot of money invested in things that don't really feed us for the week - like ketchup and sandwich bags. While I didn't plan on buying much more than chicken (which they didn't have this time) and pet food,  I still came home with this - 


We had three very-full carts (mostly due to dog and cat food), and since the van has about zero cargo room in the back, we had to move the few kids I did take to the back row and pack from the front back.  Then they got to climb over it each and every stop I made - like I don't attract enough attention just trying to park and unload the kids. 


Here's what I now get to organize in my already crowded storage room. I need to have a serious clean-out day!




The dog food was $12.50 for the 44 pound bag and the cat food was $7.50 for the big bag; with four dogs and 100 cats (give or take a dozen), this won't last as long as I hope. 


On a more heart-warming note than dog food, this is what I found when I headed to bed last night. Sweet, huh?



No comments:

Post a Comment