OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Baby Goats

I love goats; I have always loved goats. I remember thinking as a kid that I would have goats as an adult. I had them several years ago and milked them for Tori and Julia when they first came home from Liberia. I ended up giving them up when their milk dried up because we didn't have adequate pasture; since I let them free range much of they day, they were continually using the porch as their potty, stealing groceries from the car,  standing on visitor's vehicles and other bad behaviors.  They went to a good home with fencing.

Since we have a nice, big pasture fence now, we bought two little Nigerian dwarfs -


They are only three weeks old, so will be bottle fed for another five weeks. It is so much fun to feed them and I have plenty of volunteers for the job!



The kids are running and playing with the kids -



And after a lively discussion, they have names -








2 comments:

  1. My Mother raises Nigerian dwarf goats! They are a great breed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL cute post and thanks for sharing! They are so cute and I am sure will be so much fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete