OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Beautiful Weather

 The weather has been absolutely perfect and I can hardly stand to be in the house. My laundry is a direct reflection of how much time I have spent outside the last few days.

Today I picked up 24 Snapdragon plants from a fundraiser at the girl's school that I had forgotten I had ordered; so Tori, Julia and I crammed them in the front flower bed when they got home from school. It should be a very full, pretty bed this summer as long as Lincoln doesn't lay in it as he has in years past.


After planting, the girls watered everything in the front for me.


I can't believe how big the plants have gotten around the front of the house; they were all little donated plants from my friend's house.


I think this is the first year that I am going to stop weeding between the patio stones. I think we will just start weed-eating it instead - the weeds are winning.


Beyond the front, I have weeded the raised garden beds and are ready to plant. JD also made the first aged horse manure run to till into the field to help us grow grass. He has a few more to do tomorrow and we plan on tilling and planting on Saturday.

Oh, and Kenny and the boys should finish chalking the fireplace and chimney tomorrow; then I'll show a "real" picture of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment