OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Friday, May 24, 2013

Craziness

On the way home from Florida, I texted a friend and told her that I didn't think that I had a very busy week and could get together one day. Once I got home and actually combined my calender at home with the calender on my phone, it couldn't have been further from reality. Now that it's Friday, it is the first morning I have been home all week (only because the girls and I skipped "muffins for mom" that was scheduled before school). This afternoon I have to take Julia to the doctor, which means I have spent all four consecutive afternoons at either a doctor or therapy appointment. My only sanity saver at this point is that I didn't put the kids in soccer, or I would be juggling soccer practices every evening on top of the crazy homework, dinner and bath routine we already have.

We have only about three weeks until Alyssa leaves for her six week mission trip to Africa. She still has about $900 to raise, so we are working hard to fund-raise as well as prepare the items she needs for travel. We did a homeschool book sale yesterday, are scheduled for a Y yard sale next Saturday and need to figure out a way to sell the rest of her items at the large homeschool convention in Richmond the beginning of June. After we get her settled and off to Africa, there is only about three more weeks until Gabriel and Alayna's wedding; needless to say, that involves some work. In between those major events, we have a Liberian reunion, some out of town guests and some intensive therapy scheduled.

I really need a clone of myself - one of me to be at home and one of me to run to all the appointments. At this point, I'd send the clone to the appointments!
 

We got some cool new educational toys at the used home school sale yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment