OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Exciting

It says a lot about where a person is in life by what they take pictures of. When my friend and I stared at the new washer and said it was beautiful, you could tell that we have a lot of kids and do a lot of laundry. I am now the proud owner of two sets of operational washers and dryers. The new set is on the right and the fixed set is on the left. We stacked them both to allow room for a shelf (that JD is going to have to build because we can't find the right size to buy) that will allow me to stack the kids baskets with their clothes that are waiting for them to fold and put away. That's right, if you are over the age of six around here, you fold and put your own clothes away.

As evidenced by the picture, I am not the type of Mom who rushes to remove the clothes from the dryer before they wrinkle!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! I know you are thankful to have that all set up. 2 won't fit in my space, so ours just runs daily.
    Bravo on the laundry chores--to many kids are aloud to do nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I don't take the clothes out quickly from the dryer either! I love the basket system (use it here too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool!! We are still plugging away with one set. Question do you have a regular size water heater? Can you run them both at the same time? On my dream list as well as a second fridge! Love your blog!!

    Warmly,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete