OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Flashback Friday - Two Years Ago

We are heading on our mini-vacation tomorrow morning. We are going to King's Dominion tomorrow then on to a large indoor water park for Sunday and Monday. This is our 4th year going to homeschool week at Wolf Lodge and it's always a blast. I went back looking for pictures of Tori the 1st year we went since she had only been home in America a few weeks. They were on a different computer, but I found pictures from 2007 when Ben and Julia were new Americans. Look how little my baby girls were. Julia was 14 months, exactly how old Elijah is this trip.


I'm excited to see Elijah play this year - Julia enjoyed it at one!


Here we were as a "little" family of 10, with my sister coming, we are now a family of 12.

It's fun to see Tori and Julia grow and learn, but part of me is sad that I don't really have "baby girls" anymore! Look at Julia chugging her morning orange juice bottle, boy, was it tough to get that bottle away from her!

I'll be back on Tues. with lots of pictures. Then I can post them in 2011 and carry on about how I miss Elijah being little......:)

1 comment:

  1. They have all grown into beautiful children. Reading your blog has inspired me to start one of my own....So i can remember all of these times while they are little! It's amazing how quickly you can forget!

    ReplyDelete