OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

What Is Going On.....

I don't know what the deal is but I looked forward to summer all winter long because it seemed that every time I turned around someone was throwing up. Since summer hit, the sickness has slowed down, but not really ended. I have lost count of the number of ear infections that I've treated and the number of fevers I've watched. It's embarrassing the volume of antibiotics that I've picked up at the pharmacy and distributed in little droppers each night and morning. About a month ago, Julia was diagnosed with pneumonia and I also feared that she had lyme disease. Since the end of last week, Alyssa, James, Julia and Elijah have all been diagnosed with another ear infection. Alyssa and James have also what appears to be pneumonia and have been put on antibiotics, steroids and inhalers. To add to all the drama, I reinjured my back lunging to catch Elijah as he was falling off the bed. About three years ago, I was diagnosed with two slipped disks in my lower neck. It was so bad at one point that I couldn't do anything for a full month. So, now when I feel this level of pain and nerve shooting down my arm, I really panic. I spent a good bit of time at the chiropractor and massage therapist yesterday and today, but you know it isn't good when your chiropractor recommends that you seriously consider disk surgery. I am revisiting "my back doctor" on Friday! Until then, I'm reclining on ice between attempting to run the house.

I'm not sure what I can do to boost every one's immune system before winter comes, but I'm definitely going to try a few options. I already feed them well. Here's Julia with her lunch salad and Tori with her bowl of grapes, enjoying the beautiful fall-like weather.


As soon as Julia was done with her salad, she moved on to the grapes. They were rather sour, but she adjusted and ate a bowl anyway.


Elijah wasn't impressed with the sour grapes, he tried it once and then just stared at it suspiciously.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for healing for you all. Especially the back. Knowing how hard that is for me and I only have 4 at home at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you - it is very frustrating to sit and look at the 1000 things that need to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen,
    Not sure if you try giving the children some apple cider vinegar once a day, if that will help or not. The "mother pulp" of vinegar is supposed to treat and fight off infectious disease. I buy Bragg brand of the organic apple cider vinegar that contains the mother pulp. I put one teaspoon in a glass of water and drink it each morning. For everything that I am exposed to at work, I rarely get an illness. My dad has been drinking it for years mixed with apple juice and grape juice. He believes it is also for longevity. You might find that it will also regulate your bowels, and give you a boost of energy,if you take it yourself! Sometimes I have a little after lunch to beat the afternoon blahs! My boys used to drink a little mixed in bottled water before their swim meets and tell me that it really helped give them a boost! I will keep you and the children in my prayers, and hope that your pain will dissipate, and that the children will gain some strength in their immune systems! You must be exhausted!!!

    ReplyDelete