OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Plural Birthdays and Alei's Ankle

This last week we celebrated JD's and James' birthdays. JD's was actually at Wolf Lodge, every man's mid-40s birthday dream! James' was on Friday. We had cup-cakes with friends on Friday afternoon, but didn't have real cake until Saturday night. On top of that, I bought a big, bad food-coloring infested Costco cake, because sometimes as I mother of nine, I just don't have time! I considered pulling those big nasty balloons off the cake and throwing them in the garbage, but I didn't want there to be stories about "remember the time Mom...." float down through the years! So, here's the kids at bedtime when we had round two present hour.

My kids love Playmobile. I actually love them too as they play hours with their imaginations instead of anything with a screen.

Here's that big bad cake I referred to. I wish I had bought a smaller one (if Costco even sells a smaller one.)
My husband pointed out that I never updated about Alei's foot. Although they sent the x-rays to a radiologist for a second opinion, it doesn't appear to be broken. It's still way swollen and now black and blue as well. I found the big knot on the side of her ankle to be a bit alarming!

Happy Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment