OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Kings Dominion

As I down-loaded my trip pictures, I realized that I typically come home with about two pictures of my older kids and 102 of the younger ones, only because the little ones are hanging around with me while the older ones are off having big-kid fun. I did take a group shot of JD and all the kids right before Gabriel went bungee-jumping. We thought a group photo would be nice if we lost him in his crazy adventure! I'll show pictures of that tomorrow, although it was painful for me to watch. I'm not a heights fan!

Here's my well-photographed little guys. Tori and Julia were pretty excited about all the dressed-up characters, although we missed Dora which would have been the end all get all to Julia.
Tori was pretty impressed with this Sponge Bob hat, but since it was $15, I talked her into the $2 Sponge Bob cereal bowl instead. Cheaper and much more practical!


After Elijah refused to wear any hats or sun-glasses all summer, he decided on Kings Dominion day that he liked them both. So, he wore JD's hat much of the morning -

and Alei's sun-glasses for a while in the afternoon.

He couldn't figure out why we were all laughing. He has been so much fun his 14 months of life.

Tomorrow I will bless the world with pictures of my dare-devil son. Since he is only months away from turning 18, I didn't think it reasonable to forbid him to bungee-jump. (I wanted to, believe me.) Once I watched a few other stupid, I mean, brave people, I felt better about it and actually took pictures of him instead of my initial idea of hiding on the other side of the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment