OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Blogs of Note

Courtney, over at http://www.storinguptreasures.com/ is having a "blogs of note" promoting different blogs that are out in blogland. While Courtney is a lot like me, a home-school mom of lots of biological and adopted kids, I'm sure there will be a fun variety to read. I posted the button on the right side of my blog if you are interested in joining the campaign or finding some new year reading material.

For those following along, I'm still working in the kitchen to begin my new year organizing fun. In spite of my trip to the airport and shopping yesterday and my four hour fun lunch at Chick Fil A today, I have gutted and cleaned the pantry, cookbook cabinet and a few other messy spots. Here's my new clean pantry; it' won't stay this way for long - I totally clean it at least once a month. Anyone dare to guess how many half eaten bags of chips I found in there since there have been massive teens at my house all of Christmas break? (I thought teens ate the whole bag at one sitting, but I was wrong.)

Julia loves nothing more than playing with food (well, eating chips would probably rank higher.) She kept herself entertained for at least an hour with a little can of green beans that were ultimately eaten cold by her.

Since we had chicken for lunch, and JD is out of town, we are having smoothies and toast for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment