As I was sinking into house-closing despair, the head under-writer decided that she didn't think it was fair for us and would adjust that judgment to allow it to be an initial closing again! So, we are again hopeful, but waiting. At this point, I will not assume anything until the last paper is signed and we are on our way to victory dinner! Once before it all fell apart the day before closing. So, we wait a bit more... but I'm waiting with hope.
Of course, this house closing is far bigger than just a house. It's the house that we already live in, that JD built much of with his own hands. It's also the finality we need to be able to begin our Ethiopian adoption. It's hard to believe that the lives of two orphans also hang in the balance of men in suits at a local bank, but that's the reality right now.
As for the adoption, I'm still talking to people and collecting information, but we aren't starting our home-study until closing is behind us.
And while we wait, JD continues to build. Here's ceiling phase two - the playroom. We've pretty much cleared the room to get ready for the new ceiling.
As for our little Bob the Builder? He went and got the little blue ladder to be able to climb up on the scaffolding. He was pretty pleased with himself too!
The good news is that he doesn't go off on his own to get into things. He likes to be with people, so generally doesn't attempt too many dangerous feats unless someone is fairly close by.
That's my boy.