OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Friday, June 15, 2012

End of the Year Party

 Yesterday was Julia's last day of Kindergarten. It was an absolutely positive experience, mostly I'm sure because she had a really great teacher that has taught for 40 years. Honestly, I wish I had put her in the beginning of the year; I think it would have been in her best interest and would have helped me be farther along with the homeschooling children. I have several weeks left of school with some children in some subjects, much because of the attention that Julia demanded for the majority of the school year. 


Since Julia started school towards the end of the year, she is getting to go to three weeks of Phonics instruction this summer. The bad part is that she misses three full weeks of swim team; I decided reading is more important than swimming, but it's still bittersweet. They also start earlier, so I'm not sure how that whole schedule is going to work with my three shifts of swimmers. 


Elijah and I went to Julia's K picnic this week. Elijah was very excited and kept asking me if he looked big enough to be a Kindergartner; it's so funny how he considers five and six year olds as "big." Life is all about perspective.


Julia and Ms. Peyton - 



The K wing opens straight to this nice fenced outside area. Julia learned hop-scotch, jump rope and hula hoop much better than my kids at home have. It made me feel guilty and I will be purchasing some jump ropes in the near future. 




It was all good until the chips, then it spiraled down hill quickly. In an effort to not make a scene, I let Julia trade her cookie in for a second bag of chips (she will do anything for chips!) She then decided that she wanted a third bag and when I refused, we had to wait in line to sign out, walk through the entire school and the parking lot with her screaming for chips. At moments like that, I am still totally baffled at some of her behavior. I'm pretty sure others were as well. I certainly hope that some of it she will outgrow and the rest we can figure out how to improve. 



This is Julia's first day of summer and I have typed the majority of this post with her wrapped around my neck, not just on my lap, but wrapped tightly around my neck. Any wisdom, anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Wisdom? Um...I wish. Perhaps pray?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there was a magic bit of wisdom for me to share, but honestly, all 3 of my kids have responded EXACTLY like that at one point in time over something equally as 'silly'. I think it's just a maturity thing. She will outgrow it.

    ReplyDelete