OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

School Pictures

 I am about to make up for the lack of pictures accompanying my posts in Ethiopia. Since I still can't post pictures of my girls (Selah's approval should be any day), I am going to bless you with pictures of the kids at the school that I intend to take back-packs to. 

This was the K class outside - they are four and five years old.  



We then went to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade class rooms inside. I noticed some of the 3rd graders actually had a pencil and little note-book, so I think he was telling me that the school doesn't have any supplies to provide a pencil to the kids that don't have one. I don't think any of them had back-packs. I can't even imagine the excitement when they get their own!


Darling, darling little boys!



See the yellow sign on the wall? It says Grade 1 - male 26, female 29, total 55 - 



 I have videos of the classes singing also. 



 This shows a bit of the confusion in the adoption paperwork arena. Their year starts with September, so months on our paperwork is not the month that we naturally think.



 If you are wanting to be a celebrity, go to Africa and hang out with the kids. They are so excited when a "fringe" (white person) pays attention to them. 


Again, have you ever seen cuter little boy smiles?


JD worked on the art of hand-shaking and high-fives - 




I'll be back sweet kids...I'll be back and just as happy to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment