OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Only Once

Since we don't do parties every year and 13 is a big deal, Alyssa had an all night birthday bash. She really did a lot of the work, including turning the play room into a teen sleeping area. My toughest job was feeding them all and washing the six loads of towels that 15 girls used for three rounds of swimming and showering. Honestly, I didn't even realize that we owned that many towels!

I wish I had taken a good picture of the decorating - Alyssa, Moriah, and their friend, Emily, did an awesome job. 


I didn't pull out my camera until this morning, however, when these two sweet girls were reading to my little guys.


I then got brave and headed down the stairs with my camera. Yeah, it was a mess and it extended far beyond just this room.



Look at the girls on the couch - I thought only puppies, or piglets, could sleep like that!



The party ended at 11:00 a.m. and Moriah was sound asleep on the living room couch around 9:00. She didn't move while the girls said good-bye and slept until after 2:00 this afternoon.



Crazy girls.

1 comment:

  1. You are a brave, brave woman. At least they are older, so hopefully no one cried to go home at 2am.
    We simply do not do spend the nights---I'm such a boring mom=(

    ReplyDelete