OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I tried very hard to post this morning, but the Internet went down. We are back home tonight after a long, long day in Nazaret where Bella is from. We visited the orphanage that has been her home the last two years; it turns out that she was turned in at the age of about one month! 


We also visited a school that is run by the adoption agency. I have had plenty of encounters with poverty the last week, but nothing broke my heart more than the 200 orphans, many HIV, that attend this school each day with no food! They can't afford to feed them at the moment, so most just are hungry. They also have ZERO school supplies. 


I'd love to keep going, but they are staring at me to go to dinner. I will try another update in about two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment