OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Missing Mind

My friend reminded me today of the saying on Pinterest, " My mind is missing, I think the kids stole it." That sums my last two days up well...if I had TV cameras following me, I'd have awesome ratings because people love to see casualty after casualty. I won't bore you with all the things, I'll just jump to the big one of the day; and it's OK, I expect you to laugh. I left this morning for 20 minutes to meet a friend and pick up chicken food she had bought me from the Amish. I came home to complete chaos, the most emergent was Tori having another nose bleed all over the front porch. While I tried to get it to stop, and even made a call to the nurse, I was also trying to sort out the grievances that were flying at me child after child who wanted to make sure their counterparts were dealt with justly. After all the blood, tattling and lecturing, I came in and took a few of my vitamins out of the containers and put them on the counter. Of course, I was interrupted and interrupted and interrupted until I was reminded that Magnum needed his medications, since he got neutered yesterday. I got his meds out, laid them on a different counter and told Ben to go and feed him.....You know where this is going, don't you? Sure enough, after several more interruptions, I took all three of Magnum's prescriptions instead of my vitamins. For whatever reason, it hit me the second I swallowed them and I had to call poison control. Turns out, I'm not going to die, she just told me that I may throw up due to the one but to drink a lot of liquids. I took that advice and downed two cups of water and then a big old Pepsi. Thankfully, I feel fine.

Good old Magnum, I had decided we were just going to live through all the naughty puppy behavior and he will turn into a really nice dog in about 18 months.


Then last night we discovered many "issues" like this - which isn't a real big deal since the chair is not valuable.


Here's the big deal...a really big deal; Magnum decided to snack on the new screens of the screened in porch. It looks like he is going to lose his porch privileges.


I'm looking forward to the school routine that will start next week, although I'm far from done with my "summer" work.









2 comments:

  1. Magnum has gotten HUGE!!! oh the pains of a puppy! he will turn into a nice dog...patience! patience! patience! i thought many times Clay was going to kill Liberty. He told me time & time again how much he disapproved & disliked her....i mean OVER & OVER AGAIN!!! you know how he is right...well now He wouldnt trade her for a bucket of gold. he loves that dog! and she is worth her weight in gold also. it was honestly about the 3 year mark with her tho that she really settled down well.

    ReplyDelete