OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Finally

 I have had some serious computer problems for over a week. The last few blogs, it worked long enough to download my pictures and then blog from the lap-top, but yesterday it wouldn't do anything. JD spend last night scanning and deleting things and once he cleared the cookies attached to Internet explorer, it seems to be working fine. I hope so...we have dealt with a constant stream of broken things that are fairly new that shouldn't be breaking!


We held our cook-out, swim party on Sunday for Julia, Elijah and Elijah's little friend, Kole. The kids had a great time and the weather was wonderful for it. 


Kole and Elijah - 


With my demanding weekend, I don't know why I agreed to decorating a cake for each of them...but I did. Julia wanted a watermelon cake and it was pretty easy. 


Elijah saw a dinosaur cake in a kid's cook book that he wanted. I figured if I kid could do it, so could I. WRONG - you would have to have a boy genius to make that cake. First of all, they tell you to cut the round cake into eight pieces to form the legs, etc, but don't really lay out how to. Secondly, it just doesn't work to frost butchered cakes - that's why they sell the cake pans in shapes (Duh, I knew this but blindly followed the book that is on its way to the thrift store). 


Once I frosted the mess of a dinosaur and the cake was flaking up into the frosting, Elijah said, "but I didn't want it speckled with chocolate." Neither did I, Buddy, but that is the reality we are looking at for your 4th birthday cake. 


It doesn't look too terrible from this angle - 


But, now, you can see it's face. It resembles something that was hit by a car. Nothing like a road-kill dino to ring in your 5th year of life. 



We sang, we ate, and everyone had a good time. 


This picture is tacked on because Elijah ran to me yesterday yelling, "Mom, come see, get your camera, come on, it's going to be so exciting." The great excitement is that he can sit on the scooter that we were just given without falling, thanks to the kick stand he discovered. Now I need to look into buying a battery for it so it can move as well as sit. 


My 100 pounds of tomatoes are coming in this morning, so I will be busy making salsa today and tomorrow! 

 

1 comment: